The School of Computing and Information Systems (CIS) and the Department of Infrastructure Engineering (IE) are pleased to announce the opening of the 2022 CIS-IE Seed Funding round.
This Seed Funding initiative aims to
- Nurture new collaborations, leading to long-term research connections between CIS & ME.
- Build new research capacity, particularly with a view to garnering external research funding.
- Advance innovative research ideas, bringing together the expertise of CIS & ME researchers.
We are calling for proposals that meet the above goals, show significant potential for future funding submissions, and have potential for broad impact. Projects contributing towards one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals are encouraged.
The initiative will support cross-School/Department research projects up to $40,000.
- Register here for the CIS-IE ‘Find a co-CI' Networking Event on 23 November 2022, 12 - 1pm if you’re interested in this funding opportunity but need a collaborator.
- Read the Seed Funding Announcement and Guidelines (below).
- Complete the Seed Funding Application Form and submit by 12 December 2022 to Nicole Barbee at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Thursday 10 November 2022
Seed Funding round opens
- Wednesday 23 November 2022
12 - 1pm
'Find a co-CI' Networking Event
For those interested in this funding opportunity but needing to find a collaborator, this event will bring researchers together to exchange research interests and areas of expertise.
Register here by Monday 21 November.
- Monday 12 December 2022
- 19 - 23 December 2022
- January 2023
Questions? Please reach out to one of the following, with “2022 CIS & IE Research Collaboration” in the subject line:
Nicole Barbee, CIS Research Coordinator, FEIT Research Services; email@example.com
Tony Wirth, CIS, Deputy Head, Research; firstname.lastname@example.org
Guillermo Narsilio, IE, Deputy Head, Research; email@example.com