2022 CIS & EEE Research Collaboration Seed Funding
The School of Computing and Information Systems and the Department of Electrical and Electronic Engineering are calling for applications for a 2022 seed funding round. We would like to support a number of cross-School/Department projects nominally up to $30k, although in exceptional cases up to $60k may be considered for support.
The seed funding aims to encourage research collaboration across multiple disciplines, connecting researchers from CIS and EEE on projects that will lead to future externally funded project submissions.
Goals of the program
- to nurture new collaborations, leading to long-term research connection between CIS & EEE
- to build new research capacity, particularly with a view to garnering external research support
- to advance innovative research ideas, joining the expertise of CIS & EEE
We are calling for proposals that meet the above goals, show significant potential for future funding submissions, and have potential for broad impact.
- Must include chief investigators from both CIS and EEE. The aim is to foster collaboration between School and Department.
- The project must be new.
- The project must identify and target a significant externally funded project submission (e.g., ARC linkage, industry contract etc)
- The follow-on bid for an externally funded project must be submitted within 12 months of project commencement.
The following criteria will be used by a panel that including the Head of School CIS (or nominee) and Head of Department of EEE (or nominee) in ranking and selecting submissions:
- why seed funding is essential to the success of this project
- the plan for this project to lead into a submission of a larger funding bid
- the novelty of the project and collaboration, in relation to the people, disciplines and School/Department involved
- the inclusion of ECRs
Interested in this funding but need to find a collaborator?
We will be hosting a researcher connection event 11:30am - 12:30 pm on May 26 to assist with bringing researchers together for this seed funding round.
- Tuesday 10 May 2022
Round 1 Opens
- Thursday 26 May 2022
11:30am - 12:30pm
Researcher Connection event
- Friday 10 June 2022
EOI Submission Date
- Monday 27 June 2022
Projects to begin
Funding is available up to max of $60k, with an anticipated average project size of $30k.
Expressions of Interest (EOIs) are to be submitted using the EOI template to CIS Admin to email@example.com